Outback (working title) is poised to be a highly repayable, VR supported, 1-4 player cooperative horror survival title for PC. It will bring the immersive and truly terrifying experience of a high fidelity single player horror game to a multiplayer audience.
This is a perfect opportunity for an all-rounder video game programmer looking to get their hands on all aspects of programming and the video game development cycle. Essentially this is a prime opportunity to take charge and take on the responsibility in a technical lead position, managing and building the technical side of the game whilst advising and liaising technical aspects to the team. As the team grows you would be expected to lead and work with additional programmers in their specialised field.
- Strong working knowledge of C++ and blueprints in Unreal Engine 5.
- Proficient coding etiquette, clearly commented and legible code.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (English).
- Remote working, team collaboration skills - Agile workflows.
- Ability to manage technical aspects of the project.
- Advise and liaise technical aspects of the project to the team.
- Great organisational and time management skills.
- Maintaining code, resolving issues, and performing bug fixes.
Ideally, you would have a strong understanding/willingness to learn within these areas:
- UE5 C++ and blueprints
- Multiplayer networking - Epic Online Services
- Programming of advanced AI and pathing utilising procedural animation.
- PC / VR support
- UI and Sound integration.
Weforge Studio - who are we?
We're an indie studio based in Sydney, Australia, currently building our debut project. A horror survival game in Unreal 5 for PC with VR support, we are a select group of talented individuals from across the globe who aim to create top-notch interactive gaming experiences.
We're no stranger to producing work of this scale. We've worked professionally in advertising (Production and post) for over 9 years on a plethora of projects for established brands. Our studio is a highly capable team with a strong vision, industry contacts, and pipeline, ensuring our debut title is a commercial success.
Depending on your contribution and level of expertise we can discuss payment terms. We'd love to pay everyone upfront for their work, but where we can't, we'd seek to remunerate you for your time once we hit our funding milestones. For those of you who prove to be key team members during the initial production, our goal would be to hire you full-time to continue the development of Outback far into the future.
If you feel like you’d be a good fit and would like to be involved, please send us an email including a description of your previous experience and/or your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org or in the field below.